CHC51122- Diploma of Financial Counselling
CHC51122 – Diploma of Financial Counselling (Release 1)
This qualification reflects the role of financial counsellors working in the following two contexts:
- Generalist financial counsellors who work in agencies that meet the requirements for exemptions from holding both an Australian Financial Services Licence and an Australian Credit Licence. Financial counsellors work across a variety of metropolitan, regional and remote settings. Generalist financial counsellors can assist both individuals and small businesses.
- Rural financial counsellors undertake specialised financial counselling work that assists primary producers and rural small businesses, and are employed in agencies funded for this purpose. These agencies meet the requirements for an exemption from holding an Australian Credit Licence.
All financial counsellors are experts in financial difficulty and provide advice and support to help clients get back on top of their financial issues. They work from a model of social justice and client empowerment.
This qualification is NOT related to the work performed by financial planners or financial advisers whose role is to provide clients with strategies to address their investment options and requires a financial services licence. This qualification is also not appropriate for financial capability workers.
This qualification does NOT refer to therapeutic counselling. Psychological issues, which affect individuals, families and groups such as gambling, substance abuse, child abuse and mental or physical health problems require referral to a professionally qualified practitioner However, a recognition of, and an ability to work within, a counselling framework and the way in which other issues may interact with financial issues is highly relevant to financial counselling practice.
To achieve this qualification, the individual must have completed a total of at least 220 hours of work in an industry workplace or simulated industry environment as detailed in the relevant assessment requirements of the units of competency. The total number of hours may be applied collectively across all units of competency that include the requirement for workplace hours.
The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State or Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice.
CHC – Community Services Training Package Qualification.
* Products marked as pre-order are not immediately available. We will develop these training and assessment materials to order. Contact Us to confirm development timescale.
You will receive the following in editable Microsoft Word and PowerPoint format.
- Learner Guide
- Learner Guide With Images
- Learner Assessment Workbook, including:
- Written/Verbal Questions
- Element Practical Assessments
- Whole Unit Practical Assessment
- Observation Checklists
- Assessor Guide
- Assessment Mapping Document
- PowerPoint (Headings Only)
- Delivery Session Plan
- Assessment Validation Template
- RPL Kit (Additional Cost)
Our training and assessment resources are designed to be as efficient as possible and to provide your learners with simple, direct and informative content to enable them to meet the knowledge evidence, performance evidence, performance criteria and foundations skills with minimal involvement from your trainers. This means less work for your RTO and a better experience for your learners.
Our licence agreement includes complete freedom to edit the materials as you see fit and all of our RTO resources are provided in Word and PowerPoint format to facilitate this.
Our licence agreement also permits you to use the training and assessment materials for as many learners as you want. You can also upload the content of the training and assessment resources into a Learning Management System (LMS) to create engaging on-line learning courses.
Please note that purchased RTO training and assessment materials need to be contextualised by your RTO before use. We provide all of the required content and cover all of the conditions of the unit of competency within our resources. However, to be compliant with the RTO Standards, you are required to contextualise the resources to make them relevant to your RTOs target industry, learners and training and Assessment Strategy.
Product Samples are available here