PUAWER001B Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations
Unit application from www.training.gov.au
This unit covers the competency required to identify and prevent the development of workplace emergency situations, or to minimise their consequences, and to report if emergency protection systems, emergency control equipment and evacuation systems are compromised.
For this unit the term workplace is defined as the area encompassed by an individual’s responsibilities. All aspects of the unit must be undertaken in line with legislative requirements, workplace policies and procedures, and accepted safe practices.
- has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 37452002
- covers the work required before the emergency services or specialist response team arrives
- does not cover the specific use of equipment to prevent workplace emergency situations
Application of the Unit
This unit applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts.
This unit places responsibility on individual employees in the workplace to identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations. This requirement is consistent with the legislative obligations of employees as prescribed in OHS legislation. The unit may also be used for planning for future operations in the workplace.
The knowledge and skills gained through the completion of this unit may be applied by all employees across all industries.
All units include:
- Learner Assessment
- Learner Guide
- Trainer and Assessor Guide
- Assessment Mapping Document
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Industry Engagement Template
- Validation Checklist
- See a Free Sample
Product can be downloaded once payment and completed license agreement have been received. License agreements can be downloaded here.